Don't Overlook Mold

Mold is an often-overlooked problem. Some people are allergic to various molds. The byproducts of mold, also known as mycotoxins, can create problems and cause sickness.
Houses can contain mold and if you are spending a good amount of time in a mold-infested building, it can bring on a whole lot of symptoms.
Common symptoms of mold toxicity are; overall fatigue, weakness, cramps and muscle aches, headaches, dizziness, thirst, numbness and tingling, cognitive impairment, joint pain, coughing, chest pain, shortness of breath, sinus congestion, abdominal pain, sensitivity to light, metallic taste in mouth, frequent urination, depression, night sweats, impotence and irregular body temperature.
Individuals which are affected by mold toxicity and are worried that their house or office may be mold infested should seek out professional remedial help.
Here are some recommendations on how to lower the mold threshold in a building and reduce mold growth.
Houses are now being built with too much insulation. Trying to be economical and better for the environment by lowering fuel and heating needs, over insulating does also lower the air quality in your home. Toxins are trapped indoors. Whatever your case, your living quarters should be ventilated three to four times daily for fifteen minutes at a time. The humidity indoors should be less than 65%.
Bathrooms and shower rooms need extra ventilation. This is prime real estate for mold because of the constant moisture. The dark strips on tile joints are a sign of mold growth.
Air conditioning systems can often harbor mold, especially if it doesn’t have the capacity to dehumidify the air coming in. They should be cleaned and maintained regularly.
Don’t store firewood indoors.
Allergens, including mold, attach to dust. Keeping rooms dust free will prevent you from breathing in mold and other allergens, that are catching a ride with dust particles. A good air purifier can be helpful, as well as regular sweeping and vacuuming. Carpets also harbor dust and allergens. Removing carpets from your house can lower the allergen load in your house.
Furry animals may bring spores into your house. Certain mold spores develop and thrive in their fur, especially if the like playing in the water.




Dejar un comentario